Are you ready to make your home stand out?
Why not start with adding some Landscape Lighting? Whether it is enjoying the outdoors on a nice evening or coming home to a nicely lit path in the dark, landscape lighting is a great addition to your home.
Here are some important things you will want to know:
- Safety, security and sophistication
- Focus points – trees, pieces of art, stone or nice brick, paths to see when walking, steps, front doors or maybe a bench or house peak.
- Proper outdoor lighting adds value to your home. Good lighting is like jewelry with an outfit.
- Transformers or drivers are a necessity that takes the 120 volts AC from your home and transforms it to a 12-24 volt AC that landscape lighting uses.
- It can be very affordable. You can install one light at a time or if your budget allows, the whole outside.
- You can install it yourself! Even if you aren’t an electrician, you can mount the transformer/driver at a somewhat non-descript area of your home and spade in the low voltage landscape wire to the locations you want to light. You can then let the electricians hook it up for you or if you are close to an outlet you can simply plug the transformer in.
- A few path lights, well lights and spot lights usually make a home stand out. Typically you should install an un-even number of path lights. Well lights are great for corners of your home along with lighting a specialty shrub or stone. Spot lights can be wide or narrow depending on the size of your home and what you are trying to highlight.
- A timer and a photo cell combination can be used to turn on your lights at dusk and have them turn off whenever you set it for. It’s always a good idea to let your trees and shrubs rest in darkness for a few hours every night.
Bergey’s Electric has a wide variety of Landscape Lights. There is a broad selection from the following vendors: Hinkley, Sidera, Cast, WAC and Kichler. Call to talk to our lighting specialist.